This recipe is simply divine! It’s such a moist and tasty carrot cake that I’ve made a fair few times. Scott’s parents put some money toward me and Scott going to Alton Towers after last years exam results, so I baked them this as a thank you! It’s too good not to share the recipe…
(The reason for the lack of pictures is becuase this cake looks rather unappetising until cooked, so stick with it even if you think it’s all going wrong!!)
CAKE: 175g light muscovado, 175ml sunflower oil, 3 eggs, 3 medium carrots (grated), 100g sultanas, zest of one large orange, 175g SR flour, 1tsp bicarbonate of soda, 1tsp ground cinnamon, 1tsp ground nutmeg
ICING: 175g icing sugar, 2tbsp orange juice
1. Mix together the sugar, sunflower oil and eggs, then add in the carrots, sultanas and zest and stir.
2. Sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices.
3. Pour mixture into a square baking tin, layered with greaseproof paper
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes at 180 degrees and leave to cool on a wire rack.
5. Combine the icing sugar and orange juice and, when the cake is cool, spread on the icing using a spatula. Grate orange zest on top for appearance if you wish!
TAHDAH! It tastes simple incredible- enjoy!