I found this recipe a year or so ago on line and can’t remember the original source, but this is one of my families favourite treats! It’s great if you’ve got bananas going off, and is good to serve if you’re having coffee with friends or a get together!
Ingredients: 3 well-ripened bananas, 80 g walnuts or sultanas (optional), 175 g butter, 175 g soft brown sugar, 2 eggs, 250 g self raising flour, 1 tbsp olive/vegetable oil, 1 tsp lemon juice
1. Grease and line a loaf tin, preheat the oven to 180°. Mash the bananas in a small bowl and stir in the raisins (or walnuts, or neither if you choose)
2. Beat together the butter and sugar in a large bowl until smooth
3. Mix the banana-raisin mix into the butter-sugar mix
4. Sieve in about a third of the flour and an egg and mix in, then another third of flour and mix. Add the remaining egg and flour.
5. Mix the oil and lemon juice into the mixture
6. Pour the mixture into your lined loaf tin and smooth with a spatula. Place in the preheated oven and cook for 45-50 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
Enjoy! I guarantee it’ll go quickly- it always does here 😉 Let me know how it goes 🙂